Equicenter is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Our website address is: https://equicenter.com.au
Last updated: 23 December 2019.
How we collect Information
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
• visit any of our websites (including any application managed by Equicenter);
• register to use any platforms operated by or on behalf of Equicenter;
• when you “Like” our Facebook page or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through our Facebook page or website or any other medium;
• place an order via online ordering (whether on our website itself or in an application);
• interact or follow our social media pages/profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
• use our mobile apps;
• participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
• register as an equestrian industry member;
• apply for a job through Equicenter;
• submit feedback;
• submit any query to the Privacy Officer;
• place an order via our internet ordering system, mobile sites/devices and applications; or
• directly provide the Information to us pursuant to a request made by Equicenter.
Except as noted in this policy, where possible Equicenter will collect your information directly from you. However, there may be occasions when your Information is collected from someone else (for example from network companies, service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you). Where we collect your information from someone other than you, Equicenter will take reasonable steps to inform you of this (if this is not already disclosed in this policy). Any Information we obtain will be collected, held, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this policy.
How we use your Information
We use your Information for a variety of purposes including for processing orders, providing our products and/or services to you and for any other purpose for which it was provided to us, or other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
• providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order/purchase/receipt;
• providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested (this includes services and functions on a downloaded Equicenter application for a smart device);
• to create an Equicenter user account;
• allowing you to participate as an Equicenter user, equestrian industry member or register on any platform operated by or on behalf of Equicenter;
• processing any job application you may submit for an advertised position;
• processing any orders or refund for any order you place with us;
• determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
• keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
• conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) and analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our ordering experience and future products and services accordingly;
• for advertising and direct marketing, including sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you or authorising third parties to send their offers or information on products or services where you have indicated interest in or consented to receiving third party offers;
• to assist in the delivery of your order and to verify your credit card, PayPal or Stripe payment;
• to help you remember and re-order from our products in future;
• requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
• responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
• unsubscribing your details from our databases;
• sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
• any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and
• to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sometimes we receive data from our affiliates, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) understand our customer’s online, ordering and purchasing activity, and generally make Equicenter a better experience for our customer.
We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customise the ordering experience for the customer.
Equicenter does not store any credit card details. Internet orders can be paid by PayPal, Stripe, AndroidPay, ApplePay, or a valid credit card. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however the full details are not saved once the order is processed. The credit card details we hold are the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the credit card (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
If you are a registered user of Equicenter, you may have the ability to save your preferred payment method. You will be able to update this at any time by logging in to your registered account. We reiterate that your full payment details are not stored in your Equicenter user profile, but rather with our partner (PCI compliant) payment gateway providers:
• Stripe; and
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, Equicenter will share your information with other third parties, including:
• to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us or them;
• our related entities, suppliers and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or provide a service to you (for example third parties processing your online payments, third parties providing analyses of customer ordering, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors, third party suppliers providing our SMS service and mailing houses and third parties operating certain features available from our website such an ‘adboost’ platform);
• entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
• any entities that we are required or permitted by law to disclose your information to;
• if your personal Information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
• if you use a credit card to place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently Cybersource provides this service. Cybersource is a secure internet payment gateways that secure your credit card number during transmission. See http://www.cybersource.com/;
• if you use PayPal to place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be received by PayPal in order to process the order. For more information on PayPal see: https://www.paypal.com/au/home;
• if you use AndroidPay to place an order via our app, your details will be received by Google in order to process the order. For more information on AndroidPay see: https://www.android.com/intl/en_au/pay/;
• if you use ApplePay to place an order via our site, your details will be received by Apple in order to process the order. For more information on ApplePay see: http://www.apple.com/au/apple-pay/;
• if you use Stripe to place an order via our site your details will be received by Stripe in order to process the order. For more information on Stripe see: https://stripe.com/au;
• if you place an order online and express interest in certain third party offers, products or services, we may provide and share your Information with the providers of those third party offers including external creative agencies, advertising and marketing companies and third party suppliers of goods and services so they can contact you directly to advertise and market their goods and services to you and to personalise the advertising and promotional material you receive from us and them;
• we may share Information with agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected; and
• any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
What are cookies?
There are various technologies that allow for the tracking of online activity. The most common one used is cookies. When you browse through a device and visit our server’s website, a piece of data is sent from the web server to your web browser. This piece of data is a cookie and it is stored on your device as an historical identifier. It cannot do anything to your device. Cookies are not stored by us and we cannot use them to determine your email address or information about the device you have used.
When you return to the website, the site can read these text files, and recognise your device, helping to enable site features and functionality. If you wish to log in to the website you will need to accept cookies. If your browser rejects all cookies you will still be able to view public, information only pages.
For example, once you have searched for a type of horse for sale you will be offered the opportunity to personalise your search so that the system remembers it for future use. A cookie will be set on your device that enables us to recognise your device when you return to search for a certain horse next time.
Cookies and related technologies are useful in many ways in that they:
• provide us with information on how our site is being used
• help us to tailor marketing message to your interests, both on and off our sites
• let you navigate between pages more quickly and securely
• help detect and defend against fraud
• recognise you when you return to websites and remember your preferences
• assist us with research, development and business strategy
• can improve your browsing experience
If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our site.
When do we place cookies?
When you visit our website or other third-party sites we advertise on, we place cookies (and other similar technologies) on your device. This assists us to provide the best possible browsing experience for you. Other sites will also place cookies on your device, and they may allow us to access their cookie data.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are different types of cookies as follows:
• Session-based cookies that store temporary information and are usually deleted when you close your browser
• Persistent cookies are stored in your browser for a set amount of time and stay on your device after you close your browser. They usually contain information you may want to keep from session to session (e.g. your username)
• First party cookies are our’ cookies that we set up on your device
• Third party cookies are set up on our behalf by other websites or servers which allow us to access their cookies for activities such as tailored advertising, or tracking our ads’ performance on other websites.
What functions do cookies have?
Cookies have different functions as follows:
• Basic functionality or “necessary cookies” are required for our site to work properly. Without these cookies, some core site services such as accessing secure areas, cannot be provided. Some cookies can even help us to detect fraud and keep the site secure. These cookies do not gather information about you and are not used for marketing or to remember where you have been online.
• Site performance cookies collect information about how our site is performing. The information collected is anonymous and used to help us improve how the site works.
• Preferences are all about the choices you make both on our site and our advertising partners’ sites. They store information about your choices (such as your username) and tailor your web experience to provide relevant features and content for you. Without these cookies, our site won’t remember any choices you’ve previously made, or personalise your browsing experience.
• Advertising, marketing and analytics cookies assist us to tailor our marketing information online. It tells us what you don’t like and any topics of interest to you. We can then help you to obtain the best information we have, limit the number of times you see an ad, as well as help us to measure the performance of our advertising.
What if I don’t want to be tracked online?
You are completely entitled to do what you want with your cookies but please note that some cookies are essential for protecting financial and personal information and your experience on Equicenter may be limited if you decide to delete or block certain cookies. If you delete all your cookies, you will have to update your preferences with us again and if you use a different device, computer or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again. Unless you block cookies entirely, new cookies will continue to be placed on your browser as you interact online, so you will need to check and delete cookies each time you go online.
Analytics and search engine optimisation
Equicenter also uses Google Adwords display advertising periodically to advertise our products and services, which passively collects cookie information and provides this to Google Analytics. We also use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which places cookies on browsers to help us understand how people find and use our site. This service provides sample reporting on demographics and interests of users within our website.
Equicenter will not merge or facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any advertising product or feature, or divulge any information to third parties unless authorised or required by law.
By using the Equicenter site, you consent to this transfer and disclosure.
Third party links
Our website may contain links to other third party sites, which are provided for your convenience only. As the content of those other sites are not under our control, we are not responsible for the content of any other site accessed through our website (which is the responsibility of the site owner).
Email and accounts
Email correspondence is treated as a public record under the Public Records Act 2002. Email addresses are not added to mailing lists and details will not be disclosed to third parties without consent or unless required by law. Authorised personnel may monitor email messages for system maintenance purposes.
Should you pay an account or make an online purchase, personal and financial details are secured at all stages of the transaction. Credit card details are sent directly to our processor, Commonwealth Bank, via a secure process and details are not stored on our servers.
Collection of data via online surveys
Equicenter uses surveys such as SurveyMonkey, a third party software supplier located in the United States of America, to administer online surveys. Equicenter will only use the information collected from these survey providers for statistical and maintenance purposes and to assist with continuous improvement of our user services including. Information you choose to provide on these surveys will be transferred to SurveyMonkey’s server in the United States of America. By completing these surveys, you agree to this transfer and Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to this disclosure.
Visitors to our website are advised that there can be some risks with transmitting personal information across the internet.
We are committed to respecting the privacy of our website users and, as a general rule, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit our site. You are able to visit our site without revealing any of your personal information.
Equicenter does not guarantee that this website will be free from viruses, or that access to the site will be uninterrupted.
Website privacy and security
Equicenter is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of users of this website.
When you visit Equicenter, your visit is recorded and certain information for statistical and diagnostic purposes only is logged. A tracking cookie identifies the user over an entire browsing session and also over repeat visits to Equicenter.
Information that may be collected includes:
• the requesting IP address;
• the name of the top level domain from which you accessed the internet;
• the type of browser and operating system being used;
• whether you accessed the site using a mobile device;
• the date and time of the visit;
• the pages and resources accessed and downloaded;
• the previous site visited;
• the type and speed of internet connection used to access the site;
• the screen settings with which you viewed the site; and
• the user ID used to access the page, if any.
A law enforcement agency could exercise a warrant to inspect activity logs in the unlikely event of an investigation.
Access to your information
You are entitled to access any personal information that Equicenter holds about you, and to update personal information we hold about you.
Subject to any liability implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Equicenter is not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including legal expenses on a solicitor and client basis) arising out of or in connection with information on this site, whether in contract, negligence, statute or otherwise. Liability of Equicenter for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the maximum extent possible, at Equicenter’s option, to:
• The re-supply of the goods and services;
• The repair of the goods; or
• The cost of repair or re-supply of the goods or services.
Revisions to this Policy
We may revise this policy from time to time whenever necessary so check this website regularly to stay informed of any updates. If we think any material changes to this policy will have a significant effect on you, we may notify you by email or put a notice on the homepage (https://www.equicenter.com.au/) of our website.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your order, process a refund of your order, register you for a user account, process your application for employment, or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold (“Information”) includes information like your first and last name, day and month of birth, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), email address, details of your order (i.e. your last four orders, your delivery address), IP address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below. If required, we may request your bank details in order to process a refund of your order.
When you place an order with us online using Equicenter (whether via the Equicenter website itself or an application on a smart device), we collect additional Information from you such as:
• your IP address as part of your order;
• your feedback;
• your entries into our competitions and draws; and
• your order preferences and previous order information.
We may also collect your smart device ID and use your smart device’s location services (with your consent) in order to provide you with Equicenter’s application services.
When you apply for a job with us or apply for a job through our platform we collect some information from you for the purposes of assessing your suitability as an Equicenter employee or to pass on to a third part advertising employer.
Making an online application to a job advertised on Equicenter is a free and optional service that requires candidates to complete mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, telephone number and email) so that the employer can identify and contact you. Before applying for an advertised position, you will need to create a user profile if you do not already have one. Users will also have the option of attaching a resume. When you apply for a job advertisement on the Site, you agree to the applications, including attachments and cover letters, being:
• forwarded directly on to the advertising employer and/or its nominated representative; or
• stored in Equicenter on behalf of the advertiser which allows the advertising employer to easily and effectively manage their recruitment process via one central facility made available by Equicenter.
Some advertising employers may also require a candidate to answer a list of questions as part of the online application. By answering the employer’s questions, you acknowledge that Equicenter will provide your answers to that employer and may use your answers to populate your Equicenter user profile and enable other employers to locate that information when searching for staff.
Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on Equicenter, including your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed directly to the advertising employer or their nominated agent, and not Equicenter.
Equicenter will also retain this information in order to customise the service we provide to candidates. Equicenter reserves the right to disable or delete a saved resume or cover letter at its discretion. Advertisers are asked by Equicenter to comply with all relevant obligations relating to the use and disclosure of Personal Information that are outlined in the Privacy Act. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these Advertisers is not within the control of Equicenter and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these third party employers. Candidates have the right to directly contact the advertising employer to request access to any of their personal information that you have sent as part of an application or that has been provided to them as part of an Equicenter user.
In order to apply for some job opportunities, some or all of your Equicenter user profile will be required to be shared with the advertising employer. When this is required, your online application and some or all of your Equicenter user profile (which can include information submitted by you in connection with your employment, educational history, contact details, minimum salary expectations and preferred job classifications and locations) will be shared with the advertising employer.
Equestrian industry membership (EI Membership)
EI membership is Equicenter’s a membership especially for industry professionals and those that may want regular use of the platform. You are an industry professional, during your registration on the Equicenter platform, you will be asked if you are an industry professional and would like to become and EI member. To become a member you need to tick the box electing to become an EI member.
EI Members who are repeat users of the Equicenter platform may receive discounts on the services and products available. The database is utilised to send emails containing information such as promotions, targeted offers (including third party suppliers/partners), survey information, user feedback, value offers, news and competitions to subscribers.
Access, accuracy and security
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us or by updating your details through your user profile on the website.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
When you apply for a job with us or through us you may be asked to disclose any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions which may affect your ability to carry out the job, or which may be aggravated by the job, you are applying for. This information will only be used for the purpose of assessing your suitability as an Equicenter employee or for the advertising employer to assess your suitability.
This information will only be collected with your consent. Your completion of the job application (and consequently the provision of such information as part of the application) will be treated as your consent.
We will not collect, use or disclose any other sensitive information such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs.
How to stop receiving communication from us
• To stop receiving the SMS service, follow the instructions contained in the SMS.
• To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
• To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If your information has been shared with a third party by us, based on your consent to do so, you may contact that third party directly and opt out of any direct marketing from them.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of this policy or the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended) you can lodge a complaint to us using the contact details below. You will need to provide sufficient details regarding your complaint as well as any supporting evidence and/or information.
We will investigate your complaint and determine the steps that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of our determination. If you are not satisfied with the determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any queries regarding this policy or wish to complain about the way in which your personal information is being handled by Equicenter, please contact us by writing to The Privacy Officer, Equicentre Pty Ltd, PO Box 749, Bulimba Qld 4171 or please email email@example.com.
If you have any queries regarding the information contained in your profile, including how to update that information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.